The Write Words With Brittany Priore The Founding Editor-In-Chief of The Write Dose
What a magical, tragical, kaleidoscope of emotions this past year has encapsulated me in. I look around and feel content, fulfilled, happy, and most importantly loved – not only by my supportive friends and family, but by myself. It seems natural to love yourself doesn’t it? To accept all that you are and who you are – happy moments and not so happy moments, moments you’re proud of and moments you wish you could do over. It’s a beautiful thing to be able to look back and recognize those string of moments. To put your pride aside and allow yourself to be vulnerable to growth. This past year has been exactly that – moments of growth. All of which have led me to the woman I am now, the woman I have fought and worked hard to become. I am proud of who I used to be, because without her, I wouldn’t be unwavering in who I am today. The mistakes I’ve made, the moments of unhappiness I’ve experienced, the fear I’ve felt, the isolated veil I’ve been stuck in don’t define who I am, and they certainly don’t prevent me from being who I want to be. Depression has an artful way of making the world seem grim, but I promise, if you start believing in yourself, setting boundaries, and replacing negative thoughts with positive one’s happiness will become a reality, not just a dream. These days I find my world is filled with vibrant pastels that shimmer with each confident step I take, and I am wholeheartedly grateful for that. For this reason, dear friends, as I embark on another glorious adventure around the sun – my second with The Write Dose community, I’m waving goodbye to a tumultuous year and embracing a fresh start to a new one. Such magic in new beginnings, wouldn’t you say?
My nickname is: Britt, Burt, BP
1. The first thing I do when I wake up: drink a glass of water, kiss my pup, & check my email.
2. I can’t live without: music, my book collection, and passport!
3. A woman I admire the most is: there are too many to count! To name a few –Alexandria Ocascio-Cortez, T -Swizzy, Priyanka Chopra, Megan Markle, and my step mom, Miriam Greener! All of them for very similar yet different reasons.
4. If I could go anywhere in the world: I would travel somewhere with UN Women to participate in creating gender equality amongst children and women around the world. Egypt and Israel are also on my bucket list.
5. The perfect day off: would consist of me sitting on the beach, reading a new book, and eating a Publix sub.
6. A song that describes me perfectly: ME! by Taylor Swift – it’s been on repeat since Thursday!